For Further Information on Readings, New Poetry and New Critical Writing see drop down menu above:
- Publication of Martyn’s new poetry collection called The Lovely Disciplines (Seren Books , 2017) was 31st July 2017.
- October 2017, Guillemot Press will publish, O. at the Edge of the Gorge, Martyn’s new sequence of 14 linked sonnets – art and design by Phyllida Bluemel.
- October 2017 sees the publication by If a Leaf Falls Press (run by Sam Riviere) of Martyn’s First World War abecedary sequence A Convoy. This chapbook is published in a very limited edition.
- Martyn has recently been interviewed by Katherine Lockton for South Bank Poetry (November 2017).
Up-coming Events . . .
- Saturday 21st April: Martyn will be reading new poems at Palmers Green Poetry, St John’s Church Parish Centre N11 3EQ at 7.15pm – other readers are Frogmore Papers editor, Jeremy Page, MsLexia Competition prize-winner, Bryony Littlefair, Jude Willetts and Marvin Orville.
- Sunday 22nd April: Martyn will be reading @ Cheltenham Poetry Festival @ Cheltenham Playhouse Theatre Lounge @ 7pm Ticket: £5/£7. Martyn will be joined by American novelist Lania Knight. Tickets: £5.00 – £7.00. For further information and to book to visit the Festival: www.cheltenhampoetryfest.co.uk.
- Thursday, 3rd May: Martyn will be reading with Jacqueline Saphra, Nic Stringer, Astrid Alben, Michele Penn and Fiona Larkin. 7pm @ Poetry Café, 22 Betterton Street, London WC2H 9BX. £6 entrance. To book click here.
- Saturday 19th May: Martyn will be reading with Will Stone and Alwyn Marriage @ 7pm @ Poetry in the Crypt, St Mary’s Church, Upper Street Islington N1. Admission £5.
Martyn has two poems in response to listening to music in the anthology Accompanied Voices: Poets on Composers – From Thomas Tallis to Arvo Part, edited by John Greening. Published by Boydell and Brewer: Click Here.