For Further Information on Readings, New Poetry and New Critical Writing see drop down menu above:
Publication of Martyn’s new poetry collection called The Lovely Disciplines (Seren Books , 2017) was 31st July 2017.
October 2017 sees the publication by If a Leaf Falls Press (run by Sam Riviere) of Martyn’s First World War abecedary sequence A Convoy. This chapbook is published in a very limited edition.
- Friday 19 January: Martyn will be part of a panel @ 6pm – 8pm, in the Enitharmon Gallery, 10 Bury Place, London, WC1A 2JL – discussing translating poetry with David Harsent (translating Yannis Ritsos); Emma Wagstaff and Nina Parish (co-editors of ‘Writing the Real: A Bilingual Anthology of Contemporary French Poetry’; and Jane Duran (translating Lorca). Entry is FREE but book tickets here
- Wednesday 24th January: Martyn will read at 7pm @ Capital Letters (@CapLetLDN/ https://www.facebook.com/capletLDN ), at St Margaret’s House, Old Ford Road E29 PL – reading alongside fellow Guillemot Press poet, Nic Stringer.
- Monday 19th February: Martyn will be one of the performers at The Troubadour, 263-7, Old Brompton Road, London SW5 9JA. Including readings from The Hippocrates Books of the Heart. Others appearing include Diana Pooley, Lesley Saunders, Gillie Robic, Geraldine Clarkson, Audrey Ardern-Jones, Jane Kirwan, Penelope Shuttle, Mimi Khalvati, Kate Miller, Fiona Moore, Danielle Hope, Mike Batholomew-Biggs & Nick MacKinnon.
- Sunday 18th March: Martyn will be leading an ekphrastic writing workshop at the Swindon Museum and Art Gallery and at the Richard Jefferies Museum. Book tickets here.
- Monday 19th March: Martyn will be reading new work at Locally Sourced Readings and Live Music – more details from FB page here.
- Saturday 24th March: Martyn will lead a Workshop/Discussion on Robert Frost’s poetry @ the Community Room, Palmers Green Library, Broomfield Lane, London N13 4EY £25 (£20 concessions) – advance booking only. Contact Martyn – firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 07943328666
- Saturday 21st April: Martyn will be reading new poems at Palmers Green Poetry, St John’s Church Parish Centre N11 3EQ at 7.15pm – other readers are Frogmore Papers editor, Jeremy Page, MsLexia Competition prize-winner, Bryony Littlefair, Jude Willetts and Marvin Orville.
- Sunday 22nd April: Martyn will be reading new poems 8pm at the Cheltenham Poetry Festival at – details tbc.
Martyn has two poems in response to listening to music in the anthology Accompanied Voices: Poets on Composers – From Thomas Tallis to Arvo Part, edited by John Greening. Published by Boydell and Brewer: Click Here.