For Further Information on Readings, New Poetry and New Critical Writing see drop down menu above:
News . . .
- Newly published poems can be found here and Martyn’s most recent poetry collection is The Lovely Disciplines (Seren Books, 2017).
- A crown or sequence of 14 linked sonnets, called O. at the Edge of the Gorge, with art and design by Phyllida Bluemel, is published by Guillemot Press (2017).
- Martyn’s First World War abecedary sequence, A Convoy, is published by If a Leaf Falls Press (run by Sam Riviere) in 2017 in a very limited edition.
And Up-coming Events . . .
- Monday September 10th: Martyn will be talking about translating Federico Garcia Lorca’s poems with Hilary Davies and Michael Glover – a real soiree with music and related art work @ Omnibus Arts Centre, 1 Clapham Common North Side, London SW4 0QW. £10/£8 concs.
- Tuesday October 2nd: Martyn will be the headline reader at Beyond Words, @ The Gypsy Hill Tavern, London SE19 1QH. 7.30pm £4/£3 concs.
- Tuesday 15th January 2019: Martyn will be one of several translators reading at the Lumen Church – with George Szirtes, Elaine Feinstein, Tim Ades and more @ 88 Tavistock Place, Kings Cross, London WC1H 9RS.
- Tuesday June 18th 2019: Martyn will be one of two guest readers (with Hilary Davies) at the Lumen Church @ 88 Tavistock Place, Kings Cross, London WC1H 9RS.
Martyn has two poems in response to listening to music in the anthology Accompanied Voices: Poets on Composers – From Thomas Tallis to Arvo Part, edited by John Greening. Published by Boydell and Brewer: Click Here.