For Further Information on Readings, New Poetry and New Critical Writing see drop down menu above
Martyn has been interviewed by William Oxley in Acumen Magazine No. 83 (September 2015).Topics covered include getting into poetry, traditional prosody, a discussion of narrative and confessional poetry, the processes of translation, work in development.
- Publication date for Martyn’s new poetry collection called The Lovely Disciplines (Seren Books , 2017) is 31st July 2017. The London launch reading will be on Monday 18th September at the newly refurbished Poetry Café at 22 Betterton Street. Come for a drink at 7pm and a reading from the book at 7.30pm.
- During 2017, Guillemot Press will publish, O. at the Edge of the Gorge, Martyn’s new sequence – a crown of 14 sonnets filled with the landscape and natural history of the Marche region of eastern Italy.
- Martyn will be reading from The Lovely Disciplines (Seren Books , 2017) on Wednesday 20th September 2017 at the Ouse Muse reading series, organised by Ian McEwen in Bedford.
- Martyn will be giving a talk about the poetry of Edward Thomas at Palmers Green Library N13 4EY at 2.30pm on Saturday 30th September 2017 (for National Poetry Day)
- Martyn will be reading (briefly at around 6.30pm) on Sunday 1st October 2017 with many other poets in a Poem-a-Thon in support of the Enfield Refugee Welcome fund, at the Dugdale Centre, 39 London Road, EN2 6DS.
- Martyn will be reading at 7.30pm on Saturday 7th October with Mona Arshi, Julian Stannard, Caroline Gilfillan and Rishi Dastidar at the Discovery Centre, Winchester (‘UK-India Festival of Words’)
- Martyn will be appearing at the 2017 Torbay Festival of Poetry on Saturday 21st October 2017.
- Martyn will be reading translated work, mostly from Daodejing, at Highgate Literary and Scientific Institution on Sunday 22nd October. With Tim Ades. Details tbc.
- Martyn will be reading from The Lovely Disciplines (Seren Books , 2017) on Monday 20th November 2017 at Toppings Bookshop, Bath.
- Martyn will be leading an ekphrastic writing workshop at the Swindon Museum and Art Gallery and at the Richard Jefferies Museum and giving a reading on Sunday 11th March 2018.
- Martyn will be reading new work on Monday 19th March 2018 at The Brioche Café, 238 West End Lane, London NW6 1LG – details tbc
- Martyn will be reading new poems at the Palmers Green Poetry on 21st April 2018
Martyn has two poems in response to listening to music in the anthology Accompanied Voices: Poets on Composers – From Thomas Tallis to Arvo Part, edited by John Greening. Published by Boydell and Brewer: Click Here.