For Further Information on Readings, New Poetry and New Critical Writing see drop down menu above
Martyn has recently been interviewed by Katherine Lockton for South Bank Poetry (November 2017). William Oxley in Acumen Magazine No. 83 (September 2015) also poses questions on getting into poetry, traditional prosody, a discussion of narrative and confessional poetry, the processes of translation, work in development.
- Forthcoming dates:
- Publication of Martyn’s new poetry collection called The Lovely Disciplines (Seren Books , 2017) was 31st July 2017.
- In October 2017, Guillemot Press will publish, O. at the Edge of the Gorge, Martyn’s new sequence of 14 linked sonnets – art and design by Phyllida Bluemel.
- Also, October 2017 sees the publication by If a Leaf Falls Press (run by Sam Riviere) of Martyn’s First World War abecedary sequence A Convoy. This chapbook is published in a very limited edition.
- Martyn will be launching O. at the Edge of the Gorge (Guillemot Press ) a new sequence of 14 linked sonnets – art and design by Phyllida Bluemel. Reading with Andrew McNeillie and Nic Stringer at Terre Verte Gallery, Altarnun, PL15 7SJ in Cornwall from 6pm on 11th November 2017.
- Martyn will be reading from The Lovely Disciplines (Seren Books , 2017) on Monday 20th November 2017 at Toppings Bookshop, Bath.
- Martyn will be reading with others at the UK launch of The Hippocrates Books of the Heart at 6pm on Wednesday December 6th at Medical Society of London, 11 Chandos St, London W1G 9EB.
- Martyn will be leading an ekphrastic writing workshop at the Swindon Museum and Art Gallery and at the Richard Jefferies Museum and giving a reading on Sunday 11th March 2018.
- Martyn will be reading new work on Monday 19th March 2018 at The Brioche Café, 238 West End Lane, London NW6 1LG – details tbc
- Martyn will be reading new poems at the Palmers Green Poetry at 7.15pm on 21st April 2018 – details tbc.
- Martyn will be reading new poems at the Cheltenham Poetry Festival at 7pm on 22nd April 2018 – details tbc.
Martyn has two poems in response to listening to music in the anthology Accompanied Voices: Poets on Composers – From Thomas Tallis to Arvo Part, edited by John Greening. Published by Boydell and Brewer: Click Here.